Here is the basic breakdown of each Role you can assign a user.
- Owner / Admin - full access to all teams.
- Manager - only access to the teams they are a member of, and can only see their Feedback Convos. Plus they can still invite people. Most users fall here.
- Managee - same as Manager but cannot edit the VTO, AC or Process. This user also cannot create or add measurables to Scorecards.
- Observer - View only access of the teams you put them on. No permissions in the Feedback section.
And here is an article that goes into more detail: http://help.ninety.io/articles/464606-user-roles
When deciding the permissions of your users, there are a couple things to consider:
- Do you have a “Same Page” team set up? If so, you probably want the Visionary/Integrator to be owners, and other team members will be Managers or below so they cannot see the content in the same page meeting.
- Should your users be able to invite others? If so, they should be a Manager or above.
- Should your user be able to create/add measurables? If so they should be Manager or above.
What do we see a lot of teams doing? Having a couple key users set up as Owner / Admin, and then majority of the company falls in Manager or below roles. If your company is not worried about privacy in a same page meeting, you could have all Leadership members as Owner/Admin.
Remember: The Team or Role that are assigned on the User Settings is not connected to the Accountability Chart at all! No permissions are given to a user based on where they sit on the AC, only through the teams and role on the Directory page.